Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dreams

Wow. It’s been a LONG time since I’ve made an entry. I feel really slack. I’ve had a bunch of different ideas, but I guess I’ve just been too lazy to get off my butt and write them. Until now.

I just had one of, if not the weirdest dream I’ve ever had. There are always many fragments to one’s dreams, but this is the one that remained the most vivid.

For some reason Mariah and I were in America. Not only that, but we
were staying on the top floor of the Empire State building (for some reason it had a residential sector). We just chilled most of the time until something super weird happened.
Mariah got a 1 Kilo box of Cornflakes (I don’t know where from, probably Walmart) and thought it would be funny to throw it off. So she did and for some reason we could hear it hit the ground. People swore up at the building and she laughed. She ended up doing it again (it's not clear to me whether it was the same packet or a new one, and if it was a new one, why the hell did she need 2 Kilos of Cornflakes???). This time after she threw it off, the police arrived and later that day we saw on the TV that someone had died from it. I was horrified and she was like, "Yeah I kinda regret doing that now."
"Kind of regret it?!" I said shocked.
"Yeah,” She replied.

And that’s all I remember. Now here’s a little digression, but I guarantee it totally has to do with the topic at hand unlike usual. Yesterday we went to the Op-Shop and I picked up a bunch of books including an Encyclopedia of Dreams (hey, it’s was $6 and looked comprehensive, don’t judge me!).

So, armed with my Encyclopedia O’ Dreams I was determined to find out what it all meant. I lucked out on the Cornflakes front, all I could find was Corn: To dream of husking pied ears of corn means you will enjoy varied success and pleasure. What the fuck right? But wait, there’s more: To see others gathering corn, foretells that you will rejoice in the prosperity of friends or relatives. Unfortunately it didn’t say nothing about gathering the corn, boxing it in a 1 Kilo box and throwing it off the top of the Empire State building…although it obviously should.
Adamant not to give up I kept looking. There was no entry for Cereal and the one for Breakfast was highly ambiguous (I began to compare reading dreams to reading horoscopes), so I moved on to the Empire State building. Buildings: To see large and magnificent buildings, with green lawns stretching out before them, is significant of a long life of plenty, and travels and explorations into distant countries. Right…
The definitions for Dead and Death were far too long winded and ambiguous to bother with so I stuck with murder. Murder: To see murder in your dreams foretells much sorrow arising from the misdeed of others. In a similar vein, an excerpt from the long definition of Friend: To see your friend who dresses in somber colours in flaming red, foretells that unpleasant things will transpire, causing you anxiety if not loss, and that friends will be implicated.

Okay, so my complete interpretation of Mariah (Friend) throwing a box of Cornflakes (Corn) off the Empire State building (Buildings) and killing someone (Murder) is this: My friends are going to screw me over, but not to worry because I will be rich, prosperous and travel the world. Sounds like a Hollywood movie. Thank you $6 Dream Encyclopedia for giving my life meaning again.

1 comment:

  1. LOL :-) I've got this book - it's a good thing there weren't lost brooms involved!

    ReplyDelete