Friday, August 6, 2010

Where is your god now?

Yesterday I went to a pre-screening of  'Boy', which was very good, but that's not what this is about. I was waiting outside for maybe ten minutes for the doors to open; I saw many weird people, but one particular lady took the cake. She had short braided fluoro-pink hair and was wearing a burgundy suit with a purple cape like monstrosity. Oh and she had a little dog with her. So she walked on by and I thought that was that. But no.

So there I was sitting about three rows from the front, waiting for the movie to start when I see her coming down the isle with a large pink, of course, backpack. She sits down a few seats from me and sets her bag down gently. Halfway through the movie, I happened to glance around the cinema and I couldn't believe my eyes. The woman had her dog on her lap and she was stroking it! It blew my mind, in all sorts of ways. And when the film was over she plonked him back in the bag, zipped it up, and went on her merry way.

Part of me wanted to run up to an attendant and say "that woman has a dog in her bag!" which, let's face it, sounds positively mental. However, I think I was a little too taken aback. Due to this and my thorough enjoyment of the movie, I once again left my $600 phone in the cinemas. Luckily, I remembered in time and ran back to collect it.

...Ah life, you strange, magnificent bastard!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ben. You really have the knack don't you?Gm

    ReplyDelete