Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 By The Numbers

I’ve always had a particular love for statistics and last year that love was in overdrive. As some of you know, I decided to recorded every drop of milk that I drank over a one year period (which most people looked at me strangely for when I told them about it, no idea why); also, I watched a shitload of movies and listened to a shitload of songs. So i’m going to compile all these statistics and probably a few other useless little nuggets as well. So enjoy, I guess.

Travel

Thanks to Google Latitude and my awesome phone, I know that I travelled approximately 8000 kilometres this year, and I didn’t even fly anywhere this year!

Laptop Usage

Thanks to Whatpulse I have a bunch of useless and exciting statistics about my laptop usage. I made 728568 keystrokes this year, clicked the mouse 223958 times, and moved it over 24 kilometers.

Tennis

As I am a statistic fiend I record all the information about every tennis match I play. In 2010 I played a total of 89 matches; 59 singles matches and 30 doubles matches. In singles I amassed a 50-4 winning record (with 5 ties) or 93%. My best winning streak was 34 matches and lasted from March until July.

Movies

I watched exactly 400 movies. Now this is due to the fact that when i’m not at uni I have very little of what constitutes as a life, but also due to the fact that I was talking a film subject and that I’m now a film reviewer. So I suppose this outrageous number, is not entirely outrageous considering?

The best film I saw this year was Inception. The worst film was The Raven (and possibly the worst ever).

Music

The number of songs played was 9185. My five most played artists were:

1. Tegan and Sara – 357
2. Rihanna – 326
3. Ennio Morricone – 323
4. Katy Perry – 280
5. Glee Cast – 193

Tegan and Sara, no surprise there, they always come in at number one. And Glee…I blame you Jodie. Haha.

Top 5 tracks were:

1. Don’t Stop Believin’ – 123
2. Teenage Dream – 100
3. The Ecstacy of Gold – 77
4. Bad Things – 71
5. Telephone – 71

Damn you Don’t Stop Believin’ for being so catchy. Favourite album of the year was probably Teenage Dream.

Milk

Here’s the big one. At the start of the year I set myself a rather ambitious goal of 300 litres. Now, I would like to state that our fridge started playing up about three months ago (meaning I could no longer store 3 litre bottles, only 1 litre ones, thus reducing my total drastically). The number of litres of milk I drank this year came in at 273. Which was made up of 201 litres of Dairy Farmers (my favourite), 24 litres of Coles Milk, and 48 litres of strawberry milkshakes, strawberry breakas, and the odd Pauls milks. I also collected all the dairy farmers bottles (they are currently filling up the storage room downstairs). Stay tuned for the video.

So that’s it kids. Hope y’all learned something about the importance of keeping statistics…Until next time.

6 comments:

  1. Did you count your music stats individually or use a program? I'm interested in doing it myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Last fm which logs all the tracks you listen to. It's very good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a little scared that you can remember all of this stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Well if it makes it any less scary, I wrote everything down or it's recorded somewhere online :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant. i keep a little note each time i swim. how many laps of each stroke and the date.
    i have just realised i am not alone.
    p.s. safety dance by artie was an obsession of mine for almost two whole weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! Yeah it's good to keep track and it can help you improve I think. And routine is always good.

    Haha nice.

    ReplyDelete